Saturday, September 15, 2007

Character pretty much down... now story.....

(Image of my character for reference if needed.)

Well,
I've pretty much figured out the main gist of the character's
personality now. The problem is, I have difficulty pairing her with the
story idea I had (Not like it was all that great to begin with). I want
to come up with a relatively new idea.

So, my dilemma right now is that I'm at a lack of good conflicts for her at the moment. Here are
some of the possible conflicts that I've thought of, but so many of
them seem so petty and obvious.

  1. She struggles to get her bow off.

  2. She is trying to get outside to get a bird (or other animal) that's
    making fun of the fact she's wearing a bow.

  3. The bell is in the way of catching a mouse because it can hear her.

Really, at the moment, that's most of what I can remember from sitting in
classes. (*shrugs* It's when I come up with a lot of my stuff: if I'm
busy with something else.) I have noticed I'm focusing a lot on the
bow. You'd think realizing that would help me move away from the bow,
but any ideas I get continue to rely heavily on the bow/bell. For
instance, if the thing was too big to allow normal movement, got in the
way of eating and using thelitterbox? What else could it get in the way of? How could this make a good story at all?! Grah.

Perhaps I'm just over analyzing it too much. I just get so tired of seeing my mind come up with stuff that don't feel like their at a high enough caliber to even be
mentioned in an art school. I have my section of things I enjoy coming
up with and section of things I come up with for art class and trying
to intertwine them normally results in me feelingnothing's good enough.

By the way, I apologise for anyone actually bothering to read this. It isn't as much of an assignment to read and comment on than a rant on style conflicts to read and
provide opinions on. Please, if anyone has anything for input on any of
this, I'd really love see it commented. Thanks.

1 comment:

Time Lord said...

here's a suggestion, but look to some old warrner brothers cartoons on Youtube. It will help, because what you look to be doing is making a slap stick comedy in the form of a house hold pet, which sounds really cool when you think about it. Anyway yeah I would look up some old cartoons for your animation if not for the story but the actions the characters do.