Sunday, January 13, 2008

Web Portfolios

Web portfolio #1: http://www.jacobwilliams.net/html/index.html

I like this page for its readability. I can tell what's what right away, there are no crazy flashing things to catch attention, and there's no "welcome to my website" as if it's someone's blog. Despite the lack of color, this site looks very professional and I can find what I need to with very few clicks.

Web page #2: http://www.jamesspencer.net/index.php

This page has a couple messed up links, but it does say in the updates section of the home page that it's being reworked. I like the use of color without being overbearing: the brown theme makes me think of fall and the leaves on the ground. The links are easy to navigate, and I can tell what I'm looking at and where to look in each page.

Web page #3: http://www.immeldesign.com/

There are a number of things I actually don't like about this site, but at the same time its design is nice to me. I like the color choice, and I can tell what button's what. The intro page says the "welcome to my site" which I hate seeing, and the way the buttons in the site roll when the mouse hovers over them is quite annoying. Yet, when you click a button most everything (other than images, which should probably have some sort of loading bar, since they have a loading delay) appears immediately, with no reload of the page. The lack of a "blink" from a reloading page is nice. I'd probably also want the entire page position to be moved up, because once you load the pictures you have to scroll down to see everything. I guess I have more complaints than praises for this site, but I still like its look enough to list it on here. I guess the design and visual look really can decide it for the visitor.

No comments: